Pelahatchie Boys Soccer Play Magee

From left to right top row: Jacob Jordan, Jake White, Chaney Lanthrip, Isaac Norwood, CJ Wilder, Ben Wohlan, Deion Grant, Trey Atwood, Kevin Romero, Left to right bottom: Kenner Doster, Symon Stringer, Zack Tadlock, Blake Ferguson, Brayden Centeno, Blaine White, Gauge Tucker, Chance Boone

Isaac Norwood, Staff Writer

Last Saturday November 11 the Pelahatchie boys soccer team played Magee. Even though they played hard and tried to take home the win, they couldn’t accomplish it. Kevin Romero, striker, scored the only goal that game from a free kick.

When asked about how he felt about his goal, he said, “That was a set piece, and that’s one of the things were good at.” They finished out the game 1-4.

No students were injured during the game.This week they have no games, and next week is thanksgiving break.

They have practice everyday this week, and one day over the break. This is the second year for the school to have the soccer program. They are improving a lot.

Head Coach Randall Creel is working on new formations  and teaching the kids all the tools they need to improve at a great rate. The players have improved each game.

When asked how he thinks the teams progress is going, Coach Creel said, “We are doing great for this to be our second year.”

The next game will be December 2 at McLaurin. Then December 4 they have their first home game and play Lawrence County.

Please come out and support the Pelahatchie Chiefs boys soccer team. Go chiefs!