Treating From a Trunk?

Dessi Thomas, Staff Writer

A trunk or treat is an event that is often sponsored by a nearby church or the surrounding community. It is where people gather together and park their cars in a parking lot to give out candy to children who decided to dress up for Halloween. Pelahatchie hosted a trunk or treat on Tuesday, October 31 on Main Street, which is is located in the middle of town.

People open their trunks that have already been decorated and begin to pass out candy. At Pelahatchie’s trunk or treat, there were all sorts of things to do besides just gathering candy from the trunks. There was a haunted house, a costume contest, random games and bouncy houses.

Some adults who attended even handed out free popcorn and snow cones.

Mini organizations at Pelahatchie had cars representing different Pelahatchie High School clubs and sports. For instance, there were cars for the soccer team, the football team, beta club and more.

The Pelahatchie cheerleaders dressed up as zombies with the desire to show a part in lending a helping hand to their community.

Skye Bowman, an eleventh grade cheerleader at Pelahatchie High School was one of many people that attended the trunk or treat. “My favorite part was when i went through the haunted house and i wouldn’t let go of my friend ben.” “They did a really good job at making the haunted house; I was actually getting scared.” said Bowman.

“They did a really good job at making the haunted house; I was actually getting scared.”

People from all over Pelahatchie joined in on the festivities.