Pelahatchie Puts On A Pageant

Lanie Burkes, Staff Writer

Pelahatchie High School has a beauty and beau pageant every year that is hosted by the yearbook staff.

The pageant is on Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 6:30 pm. The pageant will be in the Pelahatchie High School auditorium. Admission will cost $5 for anyone who comes to watch. The money will go towards the yearbook staff.

Students who are in 7th-12th grade are able to be a part of the pageant. The pageant is for both girls and boys. Students will dress up to walk across the stage in front of the judges. Four people will be chosen from each division to get either 3rd, 2nd, 1st, or place as beauty.

There are many students in Pelahatchie who enjoy participating in the pageants. Alyssa Coker is a senior at Pelahatchie, who has been in the pageant in the past. Coker said, “My favorite part about the pageant is getting ready. I like getting my hair and makeup done.”

Some seniors have decided to be in the pageant since it is their last year.

Maleigh Edwards is in her first and last pageant at Pelahatchie. Edwards decided to be in the pageant to experience it. Edwards said she is most excited about the dress that she is going to wear.

Several students are scared to participate in the pageant due to stage fright. Some students believe they may not place. Edwards has advice for the students that are afraid. She said, “Just go for it, and have fun.”

Students who want to participate in the pageant will have to turn the pageant form in with a $30 fee to Mrs.Herrrington. Anyone who would like to come watch the beauty and beau are welcome to come!