WAKANDA FOREVER: Black Panther Release

Actors that played in the film.

unknown

Actors that played in the film.

Maria Banuelas, Staff Writer

Black Panther was released on February 16, 2017. It is rated PG-13 and was the number one film in the United States two weekends in a row.

Black Panther has been the movie Marvel fans have been waiting for and more. It has been rated 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and 7.5/10 on IMDb.

So many people love the film that it has made some fans go to extreme lengths showing their love for film. In The Washington Post, there was an article by Jacob Bogage stating, “Sports fans really love the movie too, so much so that they’ve been putting the Black Panther moniker and Wakanda (the fictional country or which Black Panther is king) to work on fictional sports uniforms. And they are beautiful.”

Many people attended the film on the released date and after. It was sold out for the majority of the show times, so it was practically first to come first served.

Jose Banuelas and Oley Walter Harrell saw the film in 3D with a group of friends on Saturday, February 17, 2017, at 4:30. Jose Banuelas Lopez, a Pelahatchie High School student, stated, “I thought it was really great and I would recommend it. I was impressed with the technology in the movie and the movie had incredible special effects. I would say it is one of the best Marvel movies and I can’t wait to see Black Panther 2.”

Oley Walter Harrell, a Pearl High School student, stated, “ It is one of the best marvel movies I have ever seen, I can’t wait to watch it again. The actors portrayed the characters very well and it was possibly the most visually pleasing movies I have seen.”

The film Black Panther is still in theaters and will be for a couple of weeks. The film is available in local theaters such as Cinemark in Pearl, Mississippi and Parkway Place in Flowood, Mississippi.