MENU

Chieftains Get Cozy On Pajama Day

Tayla Martin, Staff Writer

For the first time in awhile Pelahatchie High School, students get to dress down in their pajamas while learning. The pajama day is all thanks to PHS’s newspaper staff. Newspaper decided to host a pajama day and raffle in order to raise money for their staff t-shirts.

Students were able to buy a five dollar ticket that allowed them to wear their pajamas on Friday of March 23. The students were also entered in a raffle to win an Easter basket full of fifty dollars worth of goodies.

Maria Ellingburg, a tenth-grade student, had this to say when asked what she thought when she heard about the fundraiser:“When I heard that I was going to be able to wear my pajamas I bought a ticket right away, I take any chance I get to feel comfortable at school.”

While students were believed to be the main audience for this fundraiser, teachers and parents alike also purchased the tickets for the chance to win the raffle.

The winner of the raffle will be decided on the Friday of the pajama day. PHS’s very own Mrs.Mac will pull a random ticket out of a bag and the winner will be announced over the intercom.   

All the proceeds from the pajama day and raffle will go towards buying shirts for the newspaper staff. The staff was able to raise $275, which was more than their goal of $250.

About the Writer
Tayla Martin, Staff Writer

Tayla is a 16-year-old junior attending Pelahatchie High School. This is her second year in newspaper. She is happy to learn more about her peers and the...