MENU

Chiefs Swept the Puckett Wolves

Lanie Burkes, Staff Writer

The Pelahatchie varsity baseball team played the Puckett Wolves at home on April 10. The Chiefs had a great win against the wolves. They ended with the score 8-1. The game against Puckett was a district game, winning helps the team go to the playoffs.  

During the game there were three home runs. Matthew Garver is a senior at Pelahatchie. Garver hit two home runs during the game. Will Goss is also a senior at Pelahatchie and hit one home run.

The pitcher, Cody Myers, senior at Pelahatchie, threw twelve strikeouts and stayed on the mound until his pitch count was up.

Blaine White, senior at Pelahatchie, took Myers’ spot to finish out the game. White usually plays second base.  

“I think we have a good chance at winning as long as we play as a team,” said Myers. The Chiefs will do their best to play as hard as they can to bring in another win.

The Chiefs will travel to Puckett Friday, April 12 to play Puckett again. Chiefs need as many supporters as possible to come out to cheer them on.

Since the Chiefs won this game, they are now able to go to the district playoffs.

The Chiefs also ask for people to come support them at their game on April 17 for senior night. There will be several seniors graduating on the baseball team this year.  It costs $6 to enter all the baseball games.

Pitcher Cody Myers