Chieftains Visit The Rebels

Tayla+Martin%2C+Maria+Banuelas+and+Lizzy+Pinter+enjoying+their+food+at+Oby%27s.+

Tayla Martin, Maria Banuelas and Lizzy Pinter enjoying their food at Oby's.

Tayla Martin, Staff Writer

The Pelahatchie High School Newspaper staff went to a newspaper convention in Oxford, MS at Ole Miss campus. The staff left the high school at 6:00 am on March 27, 2018, on a Rankin County school bus driven by Mr.JP. Mrs. Laura Grice, the newspaper sponsor, along with staff members Maria Banuelas, Sydni Goldman, Tayla Martin, Isaac Norwood, and Lizzy Pinter all intended the session.

The staff arrived at the campus with enough time to go to one session. While the staff was only able to attend one session, the convention offered many different sessions about multiple things. Some sessions included: Visual Storytelling, BackPack Journalism, and Learning to Lead. After the staff left the campus, they headed to Oby’s to eat lunch before heading back home. “While the session was very educational my favorite part of the whole trip was getting to eat at Oby’s,” Maria Banuelas stated after being asked about her favorite part of the trip. “Oby’s was my favorite because the food was delicious and I had so much fun sharing their famous fishbowl Sunday with Tayla and Lizzy,” Maria added after being asked why Oby’s was her favorite part of the trip.

The newspaper staff returned to Pelahatchie High School at 4:45 pm. The convention will be the last that the newspaper staff has until the 2018-2019 school year. During the 2018-2019 school year, the staff plans to return to the convention in Oxford but also has plans to go to more conventions around Mississippi.