Greens for Green: Pelahatchie FFA Fundraiser

Pelahatchie+FFA+members+recognized+for+placement+in+competition+

Pelahatchie FFA members recognized for placement in competition

Levi Goldman , Staff Writer

Pelahatchie High School FFA (Future Farmers of America) is selling vegetables in order to raise money for future events. They are selling a wide variety of fruits and vegetables and even one seasoning that all come in a quantity of ten pound frozen bags. For example they are selling things like zipper peas, speckled butter beans, baby lima beans, cut okra, whole strawberries, pineapples, blackberries, peaches blueberries and so much more.

The prices of these vegetables range anywhere from nineteen to twenty-seven dollars.

All of the profit  the FFA gains is going towards events that the FFA participates in, such as the Governor’s breakfast

Mr Bob Robinson (the FFA advisor) said, “We tend to target people that have money and can eat food.”  Mr Robinson also asks that if anyone does order vegetables that they pre order because if not it gets hectic on pick-up day. Order forms will be available on the school website or from any FFA member, and all checks should be written out to Pelahatchie FFA.

Students will start carrying order forms on september 4, but fundraiser supporters  can still pre order with Mr Robinson. The deadline for these order forms is september 21,and the vegetables will arrive on saturday, october 6. Pickup is from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM.

Pelahatcie FFA competes in many competitions, but the most popular is opening and closing. This is is where students have an assigned role, and they hold a meeting. They are judged and critique their formality and understanding of their role in the program.