2018-2019 High School Beta Club Start off New Year

The past Beta Club awards sit on the table behind Mrs. Renfroe’s desk.

Brin Pearson, Staff Writer

The Pelahatchie High School Beta Club has announced its members for the 2018-2019 school year on Monday, September 10.

“There are approximately 60 members in Beta this year,” stated Eles Renfroe, Pelahatchie’s librarian. “It would be hard to list them all.”

The members of Beta Club are selling car flags with the school mascot on them as a fundraiser to save money for the Beta Convention. They cost 20 dollars apiece. The conventions are most often held in Biloxi, Mississippi.

To be a part of Beta Club, one has to have at least a B average. Typically, Beta members are the more intelligent students.

“I feel like it’s a great thing to be in and a great thing to strive for. Beta is great for scholarships and it will definitely reflect on how you’ll do in college. I’m proud to be a part of it,” said Gracie Thompson, a sophomore, showing her excitement to be a part of Beta.

“Beta makes others want to work harder to get good grades so that they can be part of such a great thing. People look up to Beta members.” Collins Doster, a freshman, shares her thoughts on Beta Club.

Beta Convention takes place in the convention center of whatever city it hosts. There are always a lot of other students from different schools.

The students stay for two nights and then leave on the third day. They leave on a bus from the school.

The students usually leave on a Sunday and return Tuesday. Beta Club members are excited for the 2018-2019 year.