Rockin’ into Homecoming

Pictured: Freshman Homecoming Maid, Collins Doster

Dana Bennett, Staff Writer

The Pelahatchie High School homecoming parade is Thursday, October 4 at 6:30 pm. Homecoming court, cheerleaders, football players, JROTC, every grade all have floats to be in the parade.

Homecoming court has girls from each grade, junior high and high school, participating Senior maid Zharia Holifield said, “I’m excited because not everyone gets a chance to do this, and I got it. I’m happy I get to end my high school years doing something I love with the people I love.”

Katie Bell Boyer, sophomore maid, said, “I was surprised that I got it; it’s great to be on the court. With it being my first year, I’m excited to see how it turns out.”

Coming from a small school in a small town, the homecoming parade is a special event hosted by our school and the town. The community loves the parade, it is a very big hit every year.

Sophomore Bailey Johnson’s at Pelahatchie High School  favorite part of the parade is “seeing the floats that came from all the hardwork and dedication, and seeing my friends on all of them.”

The kids love the parade. Pelahatchie High School students and everyone else on floats and in car throw candy for the little kids.

On Friday, October 5, there is a football game at Pelahatchie High School facing our rival, Puckett High School. The homecoming court will be presented at the football game at half time. The homecoming dance for high school will follow the football game in the Pelahatchie HIgh School Cafeteria at 10:00 pm.