Beautiful Ladies in Luxurious Cars

Pelahatchie News

Collins Doster parades through town on her fancy car.

Tiara Collier , Staff Writer

As the homecoming maids arrive in their luxury cars, the excitement of everyone gathered around town grew in anticipation. Pelahatchie’s annual homecoming parade is a day that the town wait’s for every year.

Many local families, friends, and children filled sacks as big as themselves with candy and shouted at friends and family members in the parade. This moment brings everyone together to celebrate the exciting times as they watch the homecoming maids parade through town in their luxury cars.

From the view of the townspeople, everything flowed perfectly fine; it seems very simple to put together but little do they know, it takes a lot of hard work and preparing to make this parade perfect. Homecoming maids have to get fancy dresses, cars and make detailed signs to hang on each side to tell who they are.

Administrators take out the time of their lives and make a line up from junior high all the way up to seniors. Not to mention this parade consists of twenty-two homecoming maids, cheerleaders, football players, band, JROTC and lastly the class floats.

Class floats are based on the theme that each grade gets. These floats add a sense of excitement and gives the parade a wow factor for people watching at they passed by.

Each class put in hard work to make their floats the best. Student Kiaieshi Stokes stated, “This is a very exciting time for the entire town of Pelahatchie but it’s also a stressful event to plan for, but in the end everything pays off and everyone enjoys the moment.”

Pelahatchie will always remember the past homecoming parades and be excited for the future parades.