Lady Chiefs End Year with a Bang

Left to Right pictured Victoria Thornton, Kimberly Cochran, and Isabella Rust

Dana Bennett, Staff Writer

Lady Chiefs Softball had their last game on September 25th. They ended victorious with a score of 7 to 3.
According to Isabella Rust, second baseman and sophomore at Pelahatchie High School, “I think for the most part we all improved, a lot. At the end we all came together as a team and started working harder.” The Lady Chiefs have been working out, lifting weights, and having extra practices t improve for the fast pitch season coming up.

“I feel good about the season being over because we are already starting to prepare ourselves and work harder to get better for the fast pitch season” said Isabella Rust.

Rankin County School District is building lights for the softball field to use during the fast-pitch season. Last year the coaches had to cancel some junior varsity games because it got too dark and they didn’t have lights. Now, they don’t have to worry about canceling games. Also, RCSD has already built new bleachers for the field.
“This slow pitch season was long, tiring, and stressful. But, I wouldn’t trade my team for anything.” The softball girls have bonded through this season. They may have won 1 out of 16 games, but they became closer friends.
Madelyn Cain, a freshman and third baseman, said, “I feel better about the season being over because now we can work hard, become stronger, and better ourselves in the sport we love, for the new season.”
Lady Chiefs start off their fast pitch season in the spring.