A Great Break: Discussing Thanksgiving Plans

Mckenzie Ferguson, Staff Writer

Every year people celebrate Thanksgiving, and every year kids have a week off of school for that as well. We take the time to be with family, catch up with life, and enjoy lots and lots of food! Not only does this break give us time off to be able to celebrate the holiday, but also it gives our brains a break.

During this time kids have the chance to relax and have fun. This gives our brains time to process everything and be refreshed when it comes time for school the following week. According to the article, “Research-Tested Benefits of Breaks,” it was said that, “Breaks help students to focus better, increase their productivity, and reduce their stress.” When students get stressed out, teachers begin to get stressed out as well. That’s not good for anyone.

Sydni Goldman said, “Most of my break I will spend eating, probably more than I should. I will also be spending it with my boyfriend and his family.” Thanksgiving is a time meant for giving thanks for what or who you have in life and taking the time to be with the people you love. Family or not. Having this chance is greatly appreciated. There is no harm to our school, or any for that matter, meant by these answers. School is a big part of each and every child’s life, whether they choose to admit it or not. It’s basically a second home. However, breaks every now then are better for everybody in the long run.