A Spooky Hallow’s Eve Treat!

Eles Renfroe

The Beta Club poses in front of the team’s trunk after giving out candy.

Brin Pearson, Staff Writer

The line of people draws longer and longer, kids are bursting with excitement in their costumes. A wide array of candy waits in every trunk, yet is quickly snatched up by excited children. Pelahatchie’s 2018 Trunk or Treat has the town on its feet.

The Trunk or Treat took place Tuesday, October 30. Cars lined down the strip of road between the center of town and the old park location.

Both adults and children could be seen wearing costumes of all different kinds, ranging from cartoon characters to monsters.

Frank the Camel made an appearance, and children could interact with him. There was also a costume contest held in the pavilion.

“It was fun, the decorations were nice, and it was fun hanging out with friends,” said Kaitlyn White, a freshman and Beta Club member. “I feel like there could have been more people giving candy and more things to do.”

“I wish there was more participation in the costume contest, especially the pet contest. And I wish there were more people giving out candy, because some people likely didn’t get candy because of how little there was,” says Bailey Smith, another member of the Beta Club. “There were a lot of people from the school participating, I like how the students had a good representation for the school.”

Due to the rain said to come on Halloween, Trick-or-Treating was moved to Hallow’s Eve night instead. Many people chose to give out candy on both nights, though.

People have mixed feelings about the event, but the majority of people enjoyed it. The little candy snatchers surely enjoyed participating.