The Chiefs Flock with the Eagles

Dana Bennette, Isaac Norwood and Devin Irvin eating pizza has a quick lunch before leaving for PHS.

Tayla Martin , Staff Writer

Pelahatchie High School newspaper staff took a trip to the University of Southern Mississippi for Mississippi Scholastic Press Association, better known as MSPA, Fall State Newspaper Convention. The students left Pelahatchie High School at 6:00 am on Thursday, October 25, 2018. Chaperons Mrs.Grice and Mr.JP watched over the day’s events.

First thing on arrival to Southern’s campus, the newspaper staff checked in at the Thad Cochran Hall building and had a quick breakfast before convening for the welcome session. The welcome was hosted by Dr. Dave Davies and Mr. R.J. Morgan. After, the students were dismissed to go to any session of their choice.

Students attended sessions at 9:30am,10:30am,11:30am, had a quick lunch 12:15pm, and the closing session at 1:00pm. Some of these sessions included “Please Don’t Be So Extra,” “Exposing Problems, Getting Answers” and “How To Own Trending News.”

PHS students, however, only had time to attend three of the four sessions and returned to Pelahatchie after having a quick lunch. The students arrived back at 2:30pm.