MENU

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Soars as a Beautiful Conclusion to a Beloved Trilogy

How+To+Train+Your+Dragon%3A+Hidden+World+is+the+exhilarating+third+film+in+the+trilogy.+

How To Train Your Dragon: Hidden World is the exhilarating third film in the trilogy.

Photo Credit Dreamworks

Photo Credit Dreamworks

Photo Credit Dreamworks

Brenna Renfroe, Staff Writer

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is an emotional conclusion to the trilogy that has set moviegoers ablaze with love for the story of a boy and his dragon.

Hiccup and Toothless share a deep bond. (Photo Credit Dreamworks)

This trilogy tells the story of a scrawny young Viking named Hiccup. His culture is centered around hunting and killing dragons, which the Vikings believe to be dangerous and evil creatures. However, Hiccup just can’t find it in himself to harm dragons.

One day, Hiccup finds an injured dragon in the forest, and his life changes forever. The dragon, turns out, is a Night Fury, a very rare breed. The Night Fury is a fierce and elusive dragon that blends in with the night sky. He is the fastest breed of dragon, breathes blue fire, and is feared by all. Hiccup frees and heals the dragon and names him Toothless.

Even though Hiccup gains a strong group of friends, including his love interest Astrid, Hiccup and Toothless form an unbreakable bond that is at the center of the series.

Throughout the trilogy, antagonists strive to drive them apart, to no avail. Fans have become very attached to the lovable Toothless and the brave Hiccup and were very emotional knowing that this is the end. Many people have grown up with this story.

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World possesses amazing animation that makes everything look and feel real. The attention to detail is astounding. The scenes in the bioluminescent hidden dragon world will take your breath away with their visual beauty.

The movie blends just the right amount of action, humor, characterization and more to make it a story to remember. There is even a good bit of romance. Toothless’ courting of the Light Fury is very entertaining and endearing. It is an enjoyable movie for all ages.

The ending takes viewers on an emotional rollercoaster. Sad and happy tears are shed over the ending to this journey that began back in 2010.

Jay Baruchel, the voice behind Hiccup, bid farewell to this character that has been a part of him for almost a decade. “I’m myself a much, much different person than I was when we started. It’s funny to have a character grow up alongside you, even if he’s 10 years behind you to start with,” he said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.

The Hidden World hit theaters on February 22nd and became the best opening weekend at the box office so far in 2019. The Hidden World opened to a flaming $55.5 million and has had widespread success among critics.

The film was certified 92% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and has 97% approval from Google users. All three movies in this trilogy have received higher than 90% approval.

Sandy Schaefer from Screen Rant says, “The Hidden World is an exhilarating and beautifully-crafted finale that brings the How to Train Your Dragon series to a stirring conclusion.”

About the Writer
Brenna Renfroe, Staff Writer

Brenna Renfroe is a senior at Pelahatchie High School. She has played clarinet in the band for many years. Her hobbies include reading, drawing, listening...

1 Comment

One Response to “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Soars as a Beautiful Conclusion to a Beloved Trilogy”

1. Daniel Renfroe on March 1st, 2019 2:18 pm

Couldn’t have said it better myself :-). Great movie indeed.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• How to Train Your Dragon:  The Hidden World Soars as a Beautiful Conclusion to a Beloved Trilogy

Arts and Entertainment

Five Feet Apart Paints a Beautiful, Genuine Story of Two Star-Crossed Teens

Arts and Entertainment

And I Darken Raises the Stakes in Historical Fiction

Arts and Entertainment

Try.Tried.Trying harder

Arts and Entertainment

Captain Marvel Skyrockets ‘Higher, Further, Faster’ As Marvel’s First Female-Led Superhero Film

Arts and Entertainment

Not All Treasure’s Silver and Gold in Daughter of the Pirate King

Arts and Entertainment

Paddleton? More like (Sad)dleton

Arts and Entertainment

The Bear and the Nightingale Mesmerizes Readers with Magical Winter Story

Arts and Entertainment

Author Leigh Bardugo Comes to Mississippi on Book Tour

Arts and Entertainment

Be Careful, Choose Your Ending Wisely

Arts and Entertainment

‘Aquaman’ Is a Whirlpool of Success

Pelahatchie High School News