School Bells to Wedding Bells

School Bells to Wedding Bells

Megan Goss and her fiancé take a sweet picture, including the special ring.

Megan Goss

Megan Goss

Megan Goss

Brin Pearson, Staff Writer

A gentle spring breeze and flowing white dresses is often imagined when a wedding is mentioned. And that’s quite possibly the case with this one.

Megan Goss, a beloved teacher for the Pelahatchie Attendance Center, is getting married March 9, 2019. She has been engaged since July 27, 2018.

The wedding theme will be southern based, with wood decor, sunflowers, mason jars, lights and other galvanized decor. The wedding location, Family C in Forest, was introduced through assistant principal Mr. Bradford since he grew up close to the venue.

Both Ms. Goss and her fiance grew up in the country, Goss says a rustic wedding theme is perfect for the both of them.

Excited is an understatement! The relationship I have with my fiancé is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of love, and he is genuinely my best friend. He’s very proud of me and the fact that I’m a teacher. He listens to me go on and on about my students and softball players, and how special they are to me. We just work really well together, and he helps to me to be a better person. I’m beyond thrilled that I get to spend the rest of my life with him,” Goss exclaimed.

“I’m excited because I’ve been asked to help with makeup,” said Gracie Thompson, a sophomore band member.

Goss teaches seventh grade English, and she is a well loved teacher and for her students to know that she is going to experience the happiest moment of her life has them exhilarated.