MENU

Pelahatchie Softball Falls Short Against Raymond

Dana Bennett, Staff Writer

Photo taken by Jim Harrison at the game Tuesday night.

The Pelahatchie Lady Chiefs softball team fell short in their game against the Raymond Lady Rangers Tuesday, February 26. The score was 17 to 27. This was the first time in history that the Lady Chiefs have played under the lights.

Victoria Thornton, a junior on the team, said, “I feel like we really came together as a team, but we let the win get away from us. I think we will get some wins this season, though. We have been working so hard and getting so much better these last few weeks. I’m really proud to be a part of this amazing team.”

The Lady Chiefs have been practicing 4th block and after school almost everyday until 5 p.m.

According to Isabella Rust, a sopohmore on the team, “I feel like we got ahead of ourselves and we let the game slip away from us. We got down on ourselves when we made a mistake. We need to learn how to forget about the mistake we made and move forward. I believe that we can win many games. We have been working hard and pushing ourselves to do better.”

Juniors Brianna Galbraith and Kimberly Cochran have been chosen to represent the Pelahatchie Lady Chiefs at the 2019 Softball All Star game.  

The Pelahatchie Lady Chiefs are going to work on fixing their mistakes they made in the game Tuesday night.

About the Writer
Dana Bennett, Staff Writer

Dana is a sophomore at Pelahatchie High School. This is her first year being in newspaper, and she is excited about what the year holds. Her hobbies include...