Pelahatchie Students Earn Multicraft Award

John Gandy receiving his award for multicraft.

PHS facebook

PHS facebook

PHS facebook

Levi Goldman, Staff Writer

Mr. John Gandy’s class received an award in multicraft for their hard work in the community to make a difference. They submitted an application for the Governor’s Partnership Award in Education along with many other schools across the state.

Gandy said, “It’s about the students and yes I’m proud of them.  The award is secondary. We submitted an application for the Governor’s Partnership Award in Education along with other high schools across the state.  The partnership is between businesses and schools. Our partner is Multicraft. We have received this award 2 years in a row. Our application was judged based on the positive impact to community, school and the business.”

Gandy’s students put in a lot of hard work to earn this award. They have done a lot around the community to help change it and make it better. Greg Beemon one of Mr Gandy’s students said, ”We build and work on different project that me Gandy present us. And I love it I would tell other people about it.”

Every school that submits an application has to have a business partner. Pelahatchie school’s  business partner just so happens to be multicraft. This partnership between business and the school/ students in the class helps them with their future careers and it helps the build bonds and skills that they can use later in life.

Gandy said, “I’m very proud of all my students they have all worked very hard for me this year. I’m looking forward to a great year next year with most of them.”