The All Around Athlete Zay Taylor

photo+credit+John+Huston+Elliot.+

The All Around Athlete Zay Taylor

photo credit John Huston Elliot.

photo credit John Huston Elliot.

photo credit John Huston Elliot.

photo credit John Huston Elliot.

Dana Bennett, Staff Writer

Zay Taylor, senior at Pelahatchie High School, participates in extracurricular activities such as baseball and basketball.

Taylor started basketball for the first time this year. His number is 12. Taylor played guard and forward.

Taylor also participates in baseball at Pelahatchie High School. He plays second, short stop, and first.

Pelahatchie High School baseball has six more games left in the season. They have a game on Saturday April 6, at home.

Also at this game, Pelahatchie High School Baseball are having senior night. Senior night is where they recognize all the seniors that play, such as Chandler Rust, Trey Atwood, John King, and Zay Taylor. Senior night occurs in the middle of Junior Varsity, which is at  11 a.m and Varsity at 1 p.m.

Taylor has played baseball since he was little. “I thought I was ready to graduate, but I’m not ready to let my favorite sport go, I have played this sport since I was in junior high and I have came to love it, and the season is almost over,” said Taylor.

Taylor wants to go to Southwest Community College and major in electrical engineering.

Taylor’s advice to future seniors: “Don’t let time pass by. Senior year comes and goes faster than you think. Participate in as much as you can while in high school, because one you get out, you will miss it.”