Chiefs Shoot Down Eagles

Chance+Boone%2C+center%2C+and+team+start+the+game+with+a+kickoff.++++

Chiefs Shoot Down Eagles

Chance Boone, center, and team start the game with a kickoff.

CJ Earby, Staff Writer

As the fans fill the bleachers, the sun sets, and everyone prepares for a new, 2019-20 season of Friday night lights filled with laughter, smiles and memories with family and friends.  

On Friday, August 23,our Pelahatchie Chiefs took on the Florence Eagles in their first district away game of the 2019-20 season. The Chiefs left the field victorious with a 15 point win leaving the score at 34-19.

The Chiefs started off strong in the first quarter, leading the Eagles 21-0.

The second quarter started off with the Eagles scoring, bringing the score to 21-6.

After halftime, both teams were neutral offensively and defensively and did not score in the third quarter. The Chiefs held on to a  21-6 lead

The Chiefs ended the game with a total of 81 passing yards from their sophomore qaurterback Quay Ragsdale. 

Ragsdale finished the game with a total of 81 passing yards. After the game Ragsdale stated that age does not matter

“I have shown people tonight that age does not matter.”

Senior cornerback  Ian Jackson had 2 interceptions with a total of 35 interception yards.

After the game, Jackson stated that teamwork makes the dream work.

“ The game went great, but team chemistry is a big thing that we need to work on as a team.”

Tonight the Chiefs will travel to battle their rivals, the Puckett Wolves, in their second district away game of the season. Currently the Wolves have an 0-1 record compared to the Chiefs so far unblemished 1-0 record.

The Puckett Wolves targeted the Chiefs mascot by titling this weeks theme “Cowboys and Indians.”

Coach Creel stated that the team consumes large amounts of film to prepare for each game, taking in the techniques and strategies of their opponents.