Aliens Invade Pelahatchie

Aliens Invade Pelahatchie

Megan Herrington and MaKaylee Hester show off their alien outfits.

Kennedi Dixon

Kennedi Dixon

Kennedi Dixon

Kennedi Dixon, Staff Writer

Imagine coming to school and the first thing you’re greeted with is a bunch of aliens. Friday, September 20 was Alien Day, so students had the opportunity to be creative and style themselves  as aliens. Students who are in JROTC dressed up as Area 51 military guards.

“It is fun being able to dress up like aliens today. This is probably my favorite dress up day by far.” said Megan Herrington, an 11th grade student.  

Some outfits ranged from aliens with tutus to aliens with glitter-inspired hair. Other students stuck googly eyes to their foreheads, and some created their own alien decorated headbands. This goes to show how creative our Pelahatchie students are.

The purpose of Spirit Week is to help students and athletes get ready and enthusiastic about the homecoming game. By dressing up in different costumes throughout the week, Pelahatchie students and staff can show off their school spirit.

Through the help of Mrs.Herrington and the Spirit Tribe, new themes and ideas are created for the school. The dress up days that are planned match our homecoming theme.

The purpose of the Spirit Tribe club is to encourage students to be more involved with school  but mainly have fun and enjoy school. By having the students participate more, they are able to display their creative traits, enthusiasm, and set a positive vibe for other students.

Spirit Week is a fun filled opportunity to dress up Monday through Friday. The dress up themes are Meme Monday, Tie Day Tuesday, Wise Day Wednesday, Homecoming Float Theme Thursday, and Spirit Day Friday.

The staff and students find it  refreshing to see students become more involved with school themes, and express their creativeness in an entertaining way. Spirit week reflects Pelahatchie’s school pride, and shows how much students aim to represent and support the school in a positive manner.