Pelahatchie Annual Christmas Parade

Ali’yah Butler, Preteen Miss Historic Brandon 2019, participated in the Pelahatchie Parade on Saturday, December 7.

Kayla Hobson

Kayla Hobson, Staff Writer

On December 7, 2019, the Pelahatchie Annual Christmas Parade was held in the town center. At 10:00am, kids and adults lined the sidewalk, ready to grab any candy that fell to the ground. 

People from town and close by came to support their children, school, and friends who have participated in the floats. 

This year’s parade grand marshal was Shannon Mckay. 

The parade began with Tom Miles introducing the oncoming floats and cars. 

As people rode by, the crowd began to open their bags and take pictures and videos. 

Many waved as families and friends passed by. 

Rose Gibney, a student at Pelahatchie High School, said, “It was good. I like how all the schools participated.” 

Cars, tractors, and queens were seen coming down the street. People cheered as candy was being thrown into the crowd. 

Mclaurin, Pelahatchie, and Puckett bands performed. 

Mckenize Hester, a member of the Pelahatchie band, said, “It was short, sweet and straight to the point.” She also added, “My favorite part was the candy.”

Pelahatchie band, Pelahatchie Homecoming Queen 2019, Pelahatchie Mayor, Santa, Jackson Dancing Diva’s, 2019 Preteen Miss Historic Brandon, Miss Muscadine Most Beautiful, Mclaurin band, Puckett band and other programs participated in the parade. 

Telaiah Lewis, a clarinet player for the Pelahatchie band, said, “I think our band did really good.”

The judges, Kayla Hobson, Jacey Cooper, and Greg Beeman, took names and scores on the floats. 

After the event, people went to the 2 o’clock Christmas in the Country event. Which included santa, food vendors, cars and truck displays, and inflables for the children. There were fireworks to end the event. 

There was also a Christmas tour that took people around Pelahatchie to look at decorated houses for Christmas. 

Whether you’re riding a sleigh or rockin around the Christmas tree, the Pelahatchie Christmas parade ‘twas the place to be.