Hyperloop: the New Wave of Travel

While the cost for traveling on the Hyperloop is unknown, the hope is for tickets to be more affordable than travel by plane.

Cnet.com

Kayla Hobson, Staff Writer

Hyperloop has been the talk in the technology world since 2013. 

The idea was introduced by CEO and industrial designer, Elon Musk. He is known for being the founder of SpaceX and Tesla.

Now, his new idea is being tested in Las Vegas. 

Hyperloops are pods that are transported using magnetic levitations through low pressured tubes. It is predicted to go about 600-700 mph. 

In Dubai, there is a display of the Hyperloop. It’s a futuristic-looking pod that will have five passengers in first class and 14 passengers in economy class. 

Many companies have invested in the project. 

Countries like Dubai, China, India, and the United States have planned the routes they would like it to take. 

In 2020, there was a test that was conducted that made history. Two passengers were seated in a smaller-version of the Hyperloop, making it the first time in history that people were tested inside of this machine. 

It is determined to be released in the year 2030. 

Some people are curious about a new type of transportation. 

Chance Boone, a senior at Pelahatchie High School, said, “I probably will ride it. Especially, if it can get me somewhere quicker than flying. I think it’s cool to be able to drink a coke and eat without worrying about spilling it.” 

Damarquis Gilbert, another senior, said, “I think people will choose the Hyperloop over the trains and planes. Some people are afraid of heights so this is a great alternative. This is also a quicker way of traveling.”

The bullet train has been compared to the new invention because of its speed. But Elon Musk has reported that the Hyperloop will be faster, floatable, and run underground.