Maids Anticipate the Arrival of Homecoming

The+2021+Pelahatchie+Homecoming+maids+meet+to+take+a+picture+for+the+newspaper+to+acknowledge+their+achievement.++

Emily Hayes

The 2021 Pelahatchie Homecoming maids meet to take a picture for the newspaper to acknowledge their achievement.

Kaitlyn White, Staff Writer

Homecoming is now only a few weeks away. The parade is September 30th and homecoming is October 1st. Our homecoming maids have been preparing since the beginning of this month in anticipation for the event. 

The parade consists of the maids riding through the town in any car of their choice. During the parade, the girls will be waving and throwing out candy to the people watching from the crowd. 

Following the parade is the pep rally. Each girl will be escorted by a football player from their grade on the football field.

The next day is Homecoming, which takes place during the football game Friday night. This will be the chance for the girls to show off their second dress with their escort, usually a male from their family, leading them down the field. 

After all the maids are on the field, the Homecoming queen will be announced. The queen will be one of the following senior maids: Chrystianna Beeman, Madison Broome, Madelyn Cain, Collins Doster, Adlyn Till, or Kaitlyn White. Finally, the maids will be able to get ready for the homecoming dance that is happening after the game. 

The ladies of the homecoming court have their schedules filled with dress shopping, alterations, and hair appointments. However, there is a lot of excitement involved amongst the busyness of it all. I had the honor to interview some of our maids about their thoughts on this year’s homecoming. 

Junior maid Linda Gandarillia, says, “The most exciting thing about homecoming is when we are all on the field in our pretty dresses!” She predicts that Collins Doster will win Homecoming queen. 

Junior High maid Mary Taylor Nutt, says, “I’m super excited about getting the dress and walking down the field of my favorite sport.” She thinks that the homecoming queen will either be Chrystianna Beeman or Collins Doster. 

CK Baughman, another Junior High maid, shares her excitement about being able to ride in the parade. 

Junior maid Nataliya Garner, states, “I am most excited about dressing up. It takes me out of my comfort zone because I never really wear dresses or makeup and I am excited to see what I can bring to the table.” She also believes that Collins Doster will win homecoming queen. 

As Homecoming nears, our maids become more prepared as the days wind down. In addition, the reveal of the homecoming queen is also fast approaching. Soon the students and fans of Pelahatchie High School will be able to see these maids in their beautiful dresses.